- Some widgets are formed from multiple elements and can have nested containers etc.
- To provide easier styling for those controls, a special folder is used where XML files that define them are set. This folder is called “control”.
- Complex widget definition files have defined XML file names which need to be set as described below.
Complex widgets definitions
- If such a file is provided into the "control" folder, ginstr launcher will recognize it and use it instead of default internal XML file for this widget.
- It’s important that all widget id’s are
android:id=""and the widget types (
GnEmail…) remain the same (or added if not present), otherwise the complex widgets won’t function properly.
- Other elements including appearance attributes can be changed.
List of complex widgets which support custom layouts
- Note: Alternative layout is explained in each widget separately